The peppermint plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linneaus in 1753.
A high menthol content—like that found in the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil—distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products.
Peppermint oil has been traditionally used in Aromatherapy to relieve cough, support mental function and help relieve the symptoms of mild tension headache.
In traditional Western herbal medicine, Peppermint oil has been taken orally to relieve abdominal discomfort, relieve nausea, relieve vomiting, relieve symptoms of sore throat, relieve mild throat inflammation and applied orally (directly to the mouth cavity) to relieve toothache.
Why you need it
- Supports cognitive or mental function
- Helps reduce and relieve symptoms of mild head tension or headache
- Traditionally used in Aromatherapy to relieve cough
- Reduces and relieves flatulence
- Supports general health and wellbeing
- Inhalation: Add 3-4 drops in a vaporiser or hot water and inhale deeply. Alternatively, 5 drops onto a tissue, hold near the nose and inhale.
- Oral: Dilute 1 drop in a glass of water or tea and drink immediately.
- Direct Oral Application: Apply 1 drop to the affected area of the mouth.
Cautions: Keep out of reach of children. Possible skin sensitivity. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician before use.
We have a handy PDF file of information on Lemon you can download here to print or save.